Metal Working Machine Sump Cleaner
Davies "Sump-Aid" is strong medicine for heavily soiled, odorous machine sumps. Special cleaners and pentrants quickly attack and remove tramp oil, swarf, and other typical machine sump soils. A unique dispersant package is incorporated to aid in microbial displacement, thus eliminating order at the source. Studies have shown that proper sump cleaning procedures with "Sump-Aid" can extend fluid life up to three times. The cost of machine sump cleaning with "Sump-Aid" actually save the machine operator money in lower coolant usage.
"Sump-Aid" is diluted with water from 1:10 to 1:20 depending on cleaning conditions; a starting point would be 1:15.
The Machine Cleaning Procedure is:
- Drain machine sump and dispose coolant in accordance with applicable wastewater regulations.
- Remove all chips, swarf etc from sump.
- Fill sump with water, start circulation pump and add "Sump-Aid".
- Circulate "Sump-Aid" solution for ½ to 3 hours, depending on soil severity. White circulating, apply cleaner solution to soiled areas not contacting cleaner. For severe soil deposits, some hand brushing may be necessary.
- After machine is clean, drain cleaner solution and dispose in accordance with applicable wastewater regulations.
- Rinse entire machine and sump area with water, including circulation pump and lines. Dump rinse water.
- Refill machine sump with water and add prescribed amount of Davies coolant. Immediately circulate coolant solution to protect machine against corrosion.